I just submitted my presentation for SharePoint Saturday – Kansas City on 12-12-2009. I have given many presentations but never at a SharePoint conference. I am stoked! Here’s a brief outline. I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.
I wish I knew that before I implemented SharePoint!
I have heard that statement many times. In fact, I have uttered that exact phrase at least once! Because of the different ways SharePoint is introduced into organizations, sometimes things just don’t go right. This session will help you formulate a plan and give you pointers to successfully implement SharePoint in your organization.
- What are we building? Beyond the hype!
- Who’s playing? Selecting your team.
- Don’t forget HAL. What hardware do we have?
- Lock it up. What security?
- Someone has to install it!
- Wire Me Up! Why wire frames are your best friend.
- Sites, Webs, Libraries, Lists! Lions, Tigers and Bears. Oh my!
- Governance. The who, what, when, where, how.
- You say meeta, I say meta. Beyond the file system.
- Train! Stay on track.
One response to “What I Wish I Knew Before I Implemented SharePoint”
I am interested in getting some more details about the Metadata portion of your presentation. I am giving a full session at SPSKC entitled “What Can Metadata Do for You?” and want to see if there are any opportunities for me to tweak my standard presentation to build on your session.
Please e-mail me at the address provided.